MSI is at it again by producing some of the best available gaming laptops on the market and one of the latest to become available is the MSI GS73VR 7RF. This isn’t a light gaming laptop but instead built to satisfy the needs of the hardcore gamer with plenty of big and powerful components. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this model and see if it has the power to cover your high end gaming needs.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD plus 2 TB SATA
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– Let’s start with the basics and that is processing power and memory. MSI has packed in the high end Intel Core i7 along with not just 8 GB of memory but 16 to give this model excellent performance
– Almost just as important on a gaming laptop as processor and memory is a decent graphics card that can handle the video demands of modern games. MSI has made sure to cover you here as well with the GTX 1060 which has not 4 but 6 GB of dedicated memory
– It is common to see a hybrid hard drive setup of both SSD and SATA on a gaming laptop but what isn’t so common is for the SATA to be a huge 2 TB. With this combination you get some great performance plus boot up times along with more storage than you will probably ever need
– We expect a large gaming laptop to be big and bulky but MSI has done a great job of making this more mobile friendly with a total weight of just 2.4 KG
– The specs may look great but it is going to cost you, unfortunately the price of this laptop is well out of budget range and may be unaffordable for many potential consumers
– Battery life is not great with this model only being able to provide up to 4 hours on a single charge
For a high end gaming option the MSI GS73VR 7RF has all the important basis covered and if you can afford the high price tag it is a very good option for your gaming needs.