Medion Erazer P6679 (30023186) Review
If you by any chance want a mid-tier notebook but are running out of money at the same time Medion can be your goto name. This time around we are gonna check out Medion Erazer P6679 (30023186), a low budget laptop that comes with a dedicated graphics unit. Let’s check it out then.
Check out the latest price for the Medion Erazer P6679 (30023186)
- CPU – Intel Core i5 Dual-Core (7th Gen), 2.5 GHz
- GPU – 4 GB DDR5, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M
- Memory – 8 GB
- Screen – 15.6-inch Full HD IPS (1,920 x 1,080)
- Storage – 1 TB SATA HDD
- OS – Windows 10 Home edition
- Performance – It houses an Intel Core i5 processor, 8 gigs RAM and 1 TB of HDD for storing all your movies and songs. The configuration may seem a bit low though as a multimedia cum gaming laptop. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s not capable enough. It, in fact, can handle almost any kind of task that you can throw at a budget notebook including media consumption, light graphical work and moderately demanding gaming.
- GPU – The GTX 950M is a moderately powerful GPU which can make less demanding titles like BioShock Infinite (>60 fps in 720p High), Overwatch (~60 fps in 720p High) or even Battlefield 4 (>40 fps in 720p High) run even in the High preset in 720p. But for more graphically intensive games like The Witcher 3 and Mass Effect: Andromeda it could run them only in the low settings. And if you want more power from your GPU then you can spend £100 more and get the model with a GTX 1050.
- Price – Medion offers Erazer P6679 at a pretty lucrative price of £650. Well, it’s one of the lowest costing notebooks that comes with an NVIDIA 9 series graphics card.
- Battery – The 44 Wh battery pack is not really big enough to keep a 15-inch multimedia notebook like this running for hours. It lasted only as long as 3 to 5 hours depending on the usage. But even while using it for standard tasks like surfing the internet over the Wi-Fi the backup wasn’t anything great. Under heavy load like gaming, it could hardly make it up to the 1.5 hours mark. Not a good showing at all for a multimedia notebook.
- Plastic finish – In accordance with its rock-bottom price the whole thing is made of plastic. Although the build quality itself is pretty solid that doesn’t change the fact that there is not even a single piece of metal in the chassis.
Erazer P6679 is a pretty good choice for your everyday laptop looking at the solid performance. There aren’t many wow factors in this laptop. Rather it’s one of your no-nonsense notebook that knows how to get your job done. If you are looking for a budget starter gaming laptop then you can safely go for this one.