No matter if it is gaming or just trying to tackle the latest project the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-41-F3K8 tries to cover you no matter what. This laptop is designed to strike a balance between the student or business professional as well as the gamer inside of all of us. Below we will review some of the key benefits and downsides to this model to see just how well it stacks up to the competition.
Processor: AMD FX-Series FX-9830P
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA plus 128 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– In order to power you through the day you need a capable processor and enough memory to handle the demands of high end applications as well as multitask. This laptop has you well covered in both areas with the AMD FX processor and plenty of memory at 8 GB
– The hybrid hard drive gives you the benefits of both SATA and SSD technology so that you have plenty of storage space along with the performance boost of SSD
– The AMD Radeon RX 550 isn’t the biggest and baddest graphics card available but still has plenty more to offer than you basic integrated card. It comes with 2 GB of dedicated memory and will have you running smoothly on most modern games
– For network access it includes both wireless 802.11ac along with a Giga Ethernet connection
– Range is limited on this model due to the low end battery that is included. In ideal conditions you can expect up to 6 hours on a single charge which easily falls behind what many of the top 15.6 inch laptops are able to offer
– Along with limited battery range it is quite bulky to be taking on extended trips. It weighs 2.7 KG which is again well above what other laptops are currently offering
It may not score high marks in mobility due to its limited battery and bulky weight but does stack up quite well everywhere else. Those who don’t put mobility high on their must have list will love what this laptop model has to offer.