Chromebook doesn’t seem to be getting quite the same push it once was but that doesn’t mean it has went away. Today we are looking at the all new Acer Chromebook 15 CB515-1HT-P099 which is a full sized 15.6 inch Chromebook model and a great alternative for some to the smaller designed Chromebooks that were originally flooding the market. Below we are going to go over some of the key benefits and downsides to this new Acer release and see just how well it stacks up to the competition.
Processor: Intel Pentium N4200
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 64 GB eMMC
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Chrome OS
– As we mentioned above when Chromebooks first started to become popular most of the models came with very small displays but instead this device has a large 15.6 inch screen which is great for those who want a laptop that is easier to work with
– A Intel Pentium N4200 and 4 GB of memory may not sound like much when you compare it to other models on the market but due to the lower requirements for Chrome OS it actually powers this device quite well
– At just 1.95 KG it is very light for a 15.6 inch laptop model and easily beats out much of the competition, and easily beats out the competition in this price range
– Not only is it light but it can keep you on the go for longer with up to 12 hours possible on a single charge
– For most the biggest adjustment is the fact you cannot run many of the Windows or Apple programs you may have used in the past. While Google offers plenty of great alternatives in its store there is always the possibility of running across something that you have used in the past that doesn’t have a great alternative that you can use on Chrome OS
– Hard drive space is at a premium due to the smaller 64 GB eMMC drive that is included. If you are somebody that uses up plenty of space this may be a limitation you are unable to live with
If you want something low cost and are not concerned about making the move to a Chrome OS device the Acer Chromebook 15 CB515-1HT-P099 provides a great option.