So what makes the all new Acer Aspire 5 A515-51-86VY so special? That is exactly the question that any consumer who is considering this for their next laptop will want to ask. This laptop features a full sized 15.6 inch display and while it may not have fancy new features like a convertible design it does come packed with some above average hardware. Below we are going to review some of its key benefits and downsides to see just how well it stacks up.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10 Home
– When it comes to having the performance to run everything you want to it all starts with the processor. No matter what other hardware you have in place a limited processor is going to give you troubles. This laptop comes with the high end Intel Core i7 so you can rest assured it will handle high end applications and heavy multitasking with ease
– It features a fast performing SSD drive which will give it yet another boost in the performance department
– At just 2.2 KG it is a reasonable option for those who find themselves on the go often and needing to take their technology with them
– 7 hours of battery life isn’t game changing but is reasonable for a full sized laptop in this price range
– Overall the addition of an SSD drive is a positive but the smaller amount of storage space might be a concern for some vs SATA drives which are commonly around 1 TB
– No, you will not find an optical drive in this model so you will be forced to use an external if physical media is still a requirement for you
– Of the 3 USB ports that are available it is surprising this day and age to see only one of them run on the newer and faster 3.0 technology
If having high end processing power is on the top of your wishlist than this makes for a great option.