With consumers moving away from big desktop devices for their gaming needs we have seen an explosion of new gaming laptops to hit the market and one of the latest is the MSI GS63VR 7RF Stealth Pro 237UK. MSI has dedicated themselves to making great gaming machines and most would say they have done a very good job in perfecting what a gaming laptop should provide. Below we are going to look at this particular model and see what some of the benefits and downsides are.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– One of the first things you will notice on this model when you pick it up is how light it is for a gaming laptop. Most gaming laptops are big and bulky devices but this one weighs just 1.8 KG making it very mobile friendly compared to the competition
– Performance is about as good as you could expect with the powerful Intel Core i7 processor and plenty of memory at 16 GB. As an added bonus this system does support up to 32 GB of memory so if what it has is still not enough for you adding memory is an option
– Plenty of storage with both a 256 GB SSD plus a large 1 TB SATA drive included
– 3 USB 3.0 ports are included
– Graphics card includes 6 GB of dedicated memory
– Laptop is a bit on the pricey side
– The battery life is quite poor as would be expected from a device with so much high end hardware to power. You will get at most 4 hours of battery life on a single charge and most likely less if gaming or doing other high end tasks
The MSI GS63VR 7RF Stealth Pro 237UK easily has the performance to power just about anybodies gaming needs and while it is on the expensive side it is in range for what you would expect to pay for this type of high end hardware.