MSI has tailored their identity over the last few years to providing high quality gaming laptops as more and more consumers move away from big and bulky desktops for this purpose. Today we are looking at one of the latest releases from this company which is the MSI GL72M 7REX 1225UK. Below we will breakdown some of the benefits and downsides this model has to offer should you decide to purchase.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA plus 256 GB SSD
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– Playing the latest game on a small screen really takes away from the experience so the large 17.3 inch display you will find on this model is a big plus
– Obviously processing power is essential when running newer games and the Intel Core i7 more than delivers
– The hybrid hard drive setup includes a large 1 TB SATA to easily cover all your storage needs along with a fast performing 256 GB SSD for quick access to commonly accessed files
– Plenty of high speed options for your external devices with 3 USB 3.0 ports included
– Gaming laptops are not known for great battery life due to the high power consumption of most of its components and this model is no exception with only up to 6 hours possible in a best case scenerio
– The graphics card is more than you will find in your average consumer laptop but the GeForce GTX 1050 is still a lower end option when it comes to gaming worthy graphic cards
– At 2.7 KG this laptop will be on the heavy side if deciding to take it on the go
The MSI GL72M 7REX 1225UK is going to cover the needs of most gamers quite well with only the hardcore users finding limitations with its performance. All around a decently priced gaming option for the masses.