MSI is well known for releasing some high end laptops and many with a price tag that has a high end price as well. But today we are looking at the MSI GL62M 9S7-16J962-632 which still has some of the features that consumers love about MSI model laptops but at a much more affordable price tag. Below we are going to look at some of the benefits and downsides to this latest model from MSI and see just how well it stacks up.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– This model lacks some of the power that you typically find in other MSI devices but still has an Intel Core i5 which produces quite well and at a more affordable price
– The large 1 TB hard drive will easily cover the needs of just about any type of user
– The GeForce GTX 1050 is a more budget friendly graphics card but with 2 GB of dedicated memory can still handle most modern gaming experiences without too much issue
– With 4 USB ports available, 3 of which are the newer and much faster USB 3.0 you shouldn’t have any concerns about find a place for all your external devices
– For a full sized laptop the total weight of 2.2 Kg is decent and makes this a reasonable choice for those that spend a lot of time on the go
– Even better for mobility than the weight of the device with battery life that can last up to 10 hours staying on the go longer is even easier
– Limited system memory of just 8 GB really limits the potential of this device
– While the graphics card is good enough to keep most light gamers satisfied, higher end gamers that want to play all the latest and greatest games on full settings will find it doesn’t quite offer enough performance to do so
The MSI GL62M 9S7-16J962-632 is a more budget friendly option than we are used to seeing from MSI and it does show up in the review as the specs are scaled down but at the same time it still offers some great gaming components. Lighter gamers that are looking for something more budget friendly will love this laptop but high end gamers may want to shell out a bit more money for something with higher specifications.