MSI doesn’t typically cut many corners with their laptops as they are geared more towards the high end user than the basic consumer who is looking for a budget friendly option. Today we are looking at the MSI GL62M 7REX which is a 15.6 inch model that also comes packed with high enough end hardware that will interest gamers along with everyday power users. Below we will look at some of the benefits and downsides this model offers and see just how well it stacks up to the competition.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– Processing power is always an important part of any laptop setup and you are well covered with this model due to the high end Intel Core i7 that is running it
– The battle between SSD and SATA for your storage needs is still ongoing with both having specific features that interest consumers. On this model you don’t have to compromise as it has both a fast performing 256 GB SSD plus a large capacity 1 TB SATA
– Plenty of USB ports are available for all your external devices and 3 of these run on the newer and much faster USB 3.0 technology
– Battery life is very good for a laptop with this much high end hardware with it being able to provide up to 10 hours on a single charge
– For an MSI laptop that has so much high end hardware we would have expected more than your average 8 GB of memory, 16 GB would have been ideal with this setup
– The laptop isn’t extremely light at 2.2 KG making it less than ideal for the highly mobile user
The MSI GL62M 7REX is still a powerhouse even with the average amount of system memory and is a good option for those that want to be able to work and game on a single device or even those looking for a more budget friendly gaming option compared to some of the very expensive choices that are out there.