A few years ago it was difficult to find yourself a decent gaming laptop but fast forward to now and your selection is huge with every laptop maker releasing several models geared towards this market. Today we are looking at one of the latest gaming laptops to be released which is the Lenovo Legion Y520 80YY001VGE. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this model to see how it compares to the competition.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 128 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– It is hard to beat the Intel Core i7 processor no matter if it is for gaming or just general laptop use. This processor delivers top notch performance and when paired up with 8 GB of memory can easily handle whatever workload you want to throw its way
– Newer games that are available have one thing in common and that is very resource intensive graphics. The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card has 6 GB of dedicated memory and is designed to not only handle these games but deliver a great viewing experience at the same time
– The hybrid setup of a 128 GB SSD drive and 1 TB SATA ensures you not only have the performance boost from SSD but plenty of storage space to back it up
– One area that they haven’t done a great job on in this model is mobility as the laptop is quite heavy even for a 15.6 inch laptop model. It tips the scales at 2.4 KG which makes it difficult to use as your daily device while on the go
– Not only is it heavier than a typical full sized laptop but the battery won’t get you very far either with a maximum of 6 hours possible on a single charge
The mobility on the Lenovo Legion Y520 80YY001VGE isn’t the greatest but if that isn’t high on your list of must haves you will be very impressed with everything else it offers.