Laptop makers are trying many different combinations of specifications to try and cover the needs of consumers as everybody has a slightly different requirement for both what they need and what they are willing to pay. Today we are looking at the Lenovo IdeaPad 320-15ISK 80XH002YUK which is a 15.6 inch model that has some basic performance along with an SSD drive instead of SATA to help give it a boost in both performance and boot times. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this model and see just how well it stacks up to the many options you have available.
Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 128 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– For those that are not familiar with SSD drives they provide much improved performance over SATA due to the lack of moving parts they rely on. This allows them to read and write quicker which improves overall performance and boot up times and this is exactly what you will find in this model from Lenovo
– The Intel Core i3 isn’t the biggest performing processor on the market but still handles the average users demands quite easily and is much more affordable than some of the higher end options available, When combined with 8 GB of memory it can deliver a very solid computing experience
– This model includes a fingerprint reader for additional security and quicker logins
– Not one but two USB 3.0 ports are available
– While the SSD drive does deliver much better performance it lacks any serious storage space with only 128 GB available. Compare this to a regular SATA which has 1000 GB available and you can see how consumers that save plenty of files may run into storage concerns
– Battery life is only average at best on this model with 5.5 hours possible on a single charge
The Lenovo IdeaPad 320-15ISK 80XH002YUK does deliver some good performance and functionality for the price which is quite budget friendly but does lack any serious battery life or large amounts of storage.