If you are looking for a bit more mobility with your laptop but still prefer a larger screen taking a step down to a 14 inch model might be a wise choice. It makes a very noticeable difference in both the size and weight of the laptop but without removing too much screen space. Today we are looking at the 14 inch Lenovo IdeaPad 120S-14IAP 81A5000VUK which is also on the budget side when it comes to price. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this model and see just how well it stacks up.
Processor: Intel Pentium N4200
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 128 GB SSD
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– As we mentioned above this laptop is both smaller and lighter than your typical full sized laptop. With a weight of just 1.4 KG it is quite easy to take on the go for extended periods of time
– Battery life, especially for a budget friendly model is quite good at up to 8 hours on a single charge allowing even some light users to get a full day in without needing to recharge
– By going with an SSD drive instead of SATA you get some great boot up times on this laptop as well as a little boost in performance
– Lenovo has included not one but two USB 3.0 ports so connecting your high speed external devices is easy
– If you consider yourself a high end power user the limited processor and memory in this system might be concerning. While it is easily capable of handling normal day to day tasks more resource intensive applications will quickly hit the limits of performance this hardware can provide
– While the SSD provides better speed and boot up times it does come with one drawback and that is limited storage. With only 128 GB available it won’t take long for the average user to fill up the available space.
For those that are looking for a laptop that is both easy on the wallet and easy on the back when carrying for long periods of time the Lenovo IdeaPad 120S-14IAP 81A5000VUK seems like a great fit. It doesn’t come with high end performance but still has enough to get typical jobs done.