It may not be a common household name, yet anyway but the iOTA laptops are starting to make a real impact on the market. Today we are going to look at the iOTA One IO004 which is a 10.1 inch model that can be used as both a tablet and laptop and with their rock bottom prices many people are starting to add them to their technology lineup. Below we will review some of its benefits and downsides to see just how good of an option it is.
Processor: Intel Quad Core Atom
Memory: 2 GB of RAM
Storage: 32 GB eMMC
Screen: 10.1 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– One of the advantages this model has over similar type devices is the fact it runs Windows 10. Not that other operating systems like Chrome OS are negatives but many people are familiar with Windows and like to stick with a system that looks and feels very familiar to what they have used for years
– Tablets are great for convenience but there always comes a time when a laptop will just do a better job and having the ability to use both modes in one device is a huge plus
– There has been some complaints of this device being heavy for what it is but there is no doubt with its 1 KG weight that it is much lighter than your typical laptop
– As expected on any low cost laptop such as this some corners have been cut to bring the price down. In this case one of the areas that is most impacted is performance as it comes with a low end processor and limited memory. This makes the device better suited for basic tasks as it will struggle to handle heavy multi-tasking or high end resource intensive applications
– Another area that has been scaled back is the storage as you only have 32 GB with the system. It does have the option to expand the storage an additional 64 GB by using a Micro SD card
The iOTA One IO004 probably won’t replace your everyday laptop but can make a great secondary device for tasks that don’t require a lot of power or when on the go.