Many consumers are familiar with the Pavilion lineup of laptops as it has been one of HP’s best sellers for years now but they may not be familiar with the new Pavilion Power lineup. This tweak to the popular brand typical comes with a higher end graphics card to offer something to the casual gamer as well and the particular model we are looking at today is the HP Pavilion Power 15-cb003na. Below we will review some of its benefits and downsides to see if this is potentially a good option for you.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA plus 128 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– The hybrid hard drive setup on the HP Pavilion Power 15-cb003na is a great way to get some of the advantages of an SSD without giving up to much in the way of storage. You will get the quicker boot times and quicker access to important system files while still having 1 TB of storage to easily cover all your file saving needs
– If comparing to a high end gaming rig the graphics card that is included isn’t going to look like anything special but the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 still offers much more than you get from a typical laptop and can handle most games quite easily
– With up to 14 hours of battery life on a single charge this laptop rises to the top of the list when it comes to mobility compared to many of its direct competitors
– Battery is great but total weight of the device is average at best as it tips the scales at 2.2 KG, part of this is obviously due to the hybrid hard drive setup
– While performance is solid the Intel Core i5 processor and 8 GB of memory isn’t anything special compared to other laptops in this price range
The HP Pavilion Power 15-cb003na doesn’t have anything that is really going to wow you in the hardware department but it also covers all the basic needs of light gamers and home users quite well which still makes it a nice choice for the average consumer.