By being slightly smaller than a full sized laptop the 14 inch HP Pavilion 14-bf008na offers consumers a little extra mobility and for many who spend plenty of time on the go and need their technology to keep up this makes a big difference. Along with the slightly smaller design HP has tried to pack some decent hardware into this device so it is more than just a laptop for basic tasks and below we will review some of the benefits and downsides should you decide to purchase this device and see how well it stacks up.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– Due to the narrow bezel design HP has been able to include a 14 inch display into a 13.3 inch chassis making this laptop even slimmer than you would expect from a screen of this size
– Not only is it compact and slim but only weighs 1.5 Kg making it quite light to carry around
– With up to 10 hours of battery life possible for many getting the full day in on a single charge is quite possible
– This laptop is powered by Windows 10 which has proven itself to be a very reliable and easy to use operating system
– The 256 GB SSD drive gives you very quick boot times of less than 2 seconds and the device supports the Windows Hello feature
– Gamers will be disappointed that it only comes with a low end integrated graphics card making it difficult to play newer graphic intensive games
– While overall the addition of the SSD is a plus due to its faster read and write times it does come with a limited amount of storage compared to the larger SATA and the 256 GB it provides may not be enough for some users
– Don’t expect to play your favourite CD or DVD without purchasing an extra external drive as it is not included in this model
The HP Pavilion 14-bf008na is a great everyday laptop for those who spend a little bit of time on the go or just want something light to carry around the office or home. It has average to slightly above average specifications giving it enough performance for typical users to perform the tasks they need to complete.