Up for review today is the first laptop we have looked at featuring the new AMD Ryzen processor and the model is the HP Envy x360 15-bq100na. This is a 15.6 inch laptop that comes packed with some interesting features and with many consumers wanting to get a good look at the new lineup of processors from AMD it is sure to become quite popular. Below we will take a look at some of the benefits and downsides this device offers and see how well it stacks up to the competition.
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 128 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10 Home
– The Ryzen lineup of processors has the potential to make a serious impact in the laptop world as it provides a way for AMD to directly compete with Intel where before they tended to lag behind. The Ryzen 5 combined with 8 GB of memory found in this model provides some high level performance while still keeping the price tag of the device within reach for the average consumer
– It includes a hybrid harddrive setup so you get a large 1 TB SATA that can easily handle your file demands while still giving you the performance benefits of an SSD with the smaller 128 GB drive that can hold your frequently access files
– Battery life is equal or above the typical laptop in this price range with the ability to get up to 10 hours on a single charge
– While we wouldn’t consider this a heavy device the total weight of 2.16 KG is just average for a full sized 15.6 inch model, there are options available that are lighter and more mobile friendly
– This isn’t any fault of the laptop or hardware powering it but with consumers tending to much more familiar with Intel powering their laptop devices it may take awhile for them to become comfortable with AMD and willing to make the switch
The HP Envy x360 15-bq100na seems like a very well rounded laptop and with it being one of the first to introduce the new Ryzen processor will surely become a very popular option for consumers who like to get their hands on newer technology.