Is bigger always better? When it comes to laptops for some a bigger screen really is the better option and today we are looking at the HP Envy 17-ae103na which features a large 17.3 inch display. The large display is perfect for gaming, watching videos or when it comes time to get down and get some serious work done. Below we are going to review some of the key benefits and downsides to this model so you can hopefully decide if it is the right option for you.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA plus 256 GB SSD
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10 Home
– This HP Envy model isn’t just big on screen space but is big on performance as well. Inside you will find the powerful Intel Core i7 processor along with 8 GB of memory which should be able to easily power through just about anybodies workday
– It isn’t advertised as a gaming laptop but it is well suited for this task as well. Not only does it have the large 17.3 inch display as we mentioned above but it has a powerful graphics card which comes with 4 GB of dedicated memory to handle the high demands of modern games
– You will find a hybrid hard drive configuration that gives you high end performance along with plenty of storage space
– A large display is usually a big energy drainer so it is surprising this laptop can still muster up to 10 hours on a single charge
– Large display, hybrid hard drive configuration and an optical drive that is missing from many other newer models all adds up to one thing and that is weight. This laptop tips the scales at a full 3 KG making it a bit big and bulky to be taking on the go
Other than the bulk of the HP Envy 17-ae103na there really isn’t much not to like, and even this can be overlooked since most consumers expect a bit of extra weight in a laptop that has a large 17.3 inch display. Those who like the big screen along with high end performance will love this new release by HP.