The HP Chromebook 14-ak004na has been on the market now for some time but has slipped past us for review so we feel now is as good as any time. This is a low cost Chromebook model from HP and with Chromebooks becoming so popular lately it is one of many options for consumers. For many the question is going to be what sets this model apart from all of the other Chromebook options out there and that is what we will try to answer today. Below we will review some of the benefits and downsides to this particular model with the hopes that it will make your decision easier.
Processor: Intel Celeron
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 16 GB eMMC
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Chrome OS
– Very lightweight design making it easy to take on the go at just 1.7 KG
– 8 hours of battery life making it possible for some to get a full day of use in without needing to recharge
– Includes a 2 year subscription to Google Drive that comes with 100 GB, Great benefit as it lacks a large internal drive
– Comes with Chrome OS which is a fast, simple operating system that is ideal for lower end hardware laptops
– Unlike many Chromebooks it has a larger 14 inch display
– With just 16 GB of internal storage it has a fraction of what you will find in a full sized laptop making the free subscription to Google Drive so much more beneficial
– For thoses that have used Windows PC’s for years the change to a new operating system might be too much
– Lower end hardware that only includes an Intel Celeron processor and 4 GB of memory
– Does not have access to the Google Play store limiting the apps that are available
It is obvious that a Chromebook isn’t for everybody but those looking for a low cost basic day to day laptop will have trouble finding a much better buy for your money then the HP Chromebook 14-ak004na.