A low cost 17.3 inch laptop model can be difficult to find but that is exactly what HP is trying to deliver with the all new 17-ak023na model. This model may not have all the greatest bells and whistles but it does provide an excellent large viewing area for those that find this feature a must have. Below we are going to review this model a bit closer and see if it might be just the right large display laptop for you by going over some of its benefits and downsides.
Processor: AMD A9
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– The large 17.3 inch display delivers HD quality picture and is a great way to enjoy videos, games or even just catching up on the latest social media news
– We were not expecting great battery life out of a large display laptop that was also budget friendly but we got more than we expected as this laptop can deliver up to 8 hours on a single charge
– Physical media is slowly starting to get phased out but unlike many other options you will still find a DVD/CD write on this model and for those that still use this technology this is a great bonus
– Gaming is possible on this laptop due to the AMD Radeon 530 graphics card which can handle the video demand of most modern games
– The AMD A9 processor is quite capable but where this laptop really suffers is the lack of any amount of memory as it only includes 4 GB. This has a serious impact on performance when trying to run more than just your basic tasks
– Due to the large display this unit is a bit bulkier than your typical laptop and has a weight of 2.6 KG
– The graphics card is more than you will find in many other laptops but lacks the same quality that high end gaming machines provide and when you combine this with limited system memory it will struggle to play some of the more demanding games
The specifications are quite basic on the HP 17-ak023na and its key selling point is a large display for a price that is very affordable more so than a powerful machine for the high end type user.