A full sized laptop with an optical drive is getting harder and harder to find as many new models are removing these to help make the devices slimmer and lighter but the all new HP 15-bs085na has kept this older technology around. For those that still use physical media this is a must have but that isn’t all this laptop has to offer. Below we will review some of the benefits and downsides of this device and see just how well it stacks up.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– With its Turbo Boost Technology able to provide speeds up to 3.1 Ghz the Intel Core i5 processor is very capable and while it may be a small step down from the i7 it isn’t overly noticeable and the more budget friendly price is enough for many to ignore this fact
– Due to its large 1 TB SATA hard drive finding enough room for all your data will be no problem on this model
– Stay on the go longer with the 11 hours of battery life that is possible making it a great option for highly mobile users
– As we mentioned above for those that still use physical media the addition of an optical drive is a big plus
– With 2 USB 3.1 ports and 1 USB 2.0 port you are well covered for all your external devices
– If you are into gaming the lack of a serious graphics card will be the biggest drawback on this laptop
– While a spacious SATA drive is great for those heavy file savers it would have really benefited from the performance boost that a SSD drive could have provided
The HP 15-bs085na isn’t going to be a great option for gamers but home and/or school users are going to be quite impressed with the performance it can provide for a price tag that is quite affordable.