The HP 14-bs039na isn’t quite a full sized laptop as it comes in a slightly smaller and more compact design with a 14 inch display. This is a good way for consumers to get a device that is more mobile friendly but without giving up to much screen real estate. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this model and see just how well it stacks up to the competition.
Processor: Intel Pentium N3710
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 128 GB SSD
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10 Home
– The difference in weight from a full sized 15.6 inch laptop model to a 14 inch model such as this is quite noticeable. The HP 14-bs039na weights just 1.7 KG compared to full sized models that weight roughly a half KG more and this makes a big difference when carrying around for extended periods of time
– Battery life really surprised us on this model as the 12 hours is more what we would expect from a higher end and more expensive model
– The SSD drive provides a nice boost to performance with its fast read and write times
– Three USB ports are available on this model and 2 of them run on the newer and much faster 3.0 technology
– One of the reasons they were able to make this laptop so budget friendly is the fact it only comes with a low end processor and just 4 GB of memory. What this means for the average user is that it is much better suited to basic daily tasks like email, web browsing and watching videos and may struggle with higher end tasks like video editing and gaming
– It is great they added an SSD drive to this model but keep in mind it is only a small 128 GB model. If you are somebody who saves plenty of large files you may find yourself quickly running out of space
The HP 14-bs039na is a budget friendly option so it comes with some of the expected complaints of a budget model but surprised us with some features we wouldn’t expect in a device at this price range like long lasting battery and lightweight design.