HKC is not a laptop brand that most consumers have probably heard of but it is making some inroads into this competitive market by offering consumers a very low cost budget friendly option. When you first look at the price you would expect a smaller device but it actually comes with a near full sized display at 14 inches. Don’t let the lack of a big name brand discourage you from considering this device as it has some great features for the price. Below we will look at the HKC NT14W-UK a bit closer and determine what some of the biggest benefits and downsides are.
Processor: Intel Atom Quad Core
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 32 GB eMMC
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– With most laptop makers only giving you 12 months of warranty HKC has went a step further and offers 24 months on this laptop
– The 14 inch IPS Full HD display is more than you would expect to find on a model in this price range
– At just 1.4 Kg this laptop is great for those on the go and wanting something that is easy to carry for the day
– If Chrome OS isn’t your thing you will be happy to find this device comes with Windows 10
– Battery life is just average at 6 hours and lacks the ability to get you through a full day without needing to charge back up
– The processor and memory combination doesn’t provide great performance and is better suited to basic day to day tasks
– With just 32 GB of storage capacity those who like to store plenty of data will quickly find themselves running out of space
The HKC NT14W-UK comes with the same basic specifications that you will find in many of the low cost Chromebook devices but offers a few extras such as a larger display and an extra 12 months of warranty along with running the familiar Windows operating system. HKC has done a nice job of giving enough extra to convince some of those that even though it is not a well known company it is worth taking a close look at.