When it comes to gaming laptops not everyone has heard of Gigabyte but they have actually been producing laptops for many years and have many satisfied consumers that have been enjoying their technology. The Gigabyte P55WV7-CF1 is the particular model we will be reviewing today and this is a 15.6 inch model that includes plenty of nice to have features that gamers will really enjoy. Below we are going to look over this model a bit closer and see what some of its benefits and downsides are.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– When it comes to performance it all starts with the processor and by including the powerful Intel Core i7 Gigabyte has made sure this area is well covered
– The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 is more than capable of handling the demands that modern games will put on it with its 6 GB of dedicated memory
– Many of the new gaming laptops now come with a hybrid hard drive setup but many of the others have went with small 128 GB SSD drives. That is not the case here as you get a large 256 GB SSD along with the very spacious 1 TB SATA so you have plenty of room for all your files along with a fast performing SSD
– All USB ports on this device are USB 3.0 and you have 4 to choose from so you have plenty of room for your external devices
– It is typical for gaming laptops to weigh a bit more than your standard laptop so the fact it is 2.6 KG shouldn’t be a surprise but it still makes it less than ideal for an on the go option
– Battery life is just average with it only being able to provide up to 6 hours on a single charge
The Gigabyte P55WV7-CF1 easily has the specifications to match up well against many of the big name gaming laptops like Asus ROG and MSI so it is very worthy of your consideration when deciding on your next gaming device.