Laptop makers are working hard on trying to make their devices lighter and more mobile while still giving consumers the larger displays that they want and one of the ways they have done this is fitting a 14 inch display into a 13.3 chassis with an ultra slim bezel. The all new Asus ZenBook UX410UA-GV158T has this design and while it is a 14 inch is much more compact and lighter than a screen of this size would typically be. Below we are going to review some of its benefits and downsides to see if this might be a good choice for your next purchase.
Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 128 GB SSD
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– By fitting the 14 inch display into a 13.3 inch chassis the total weight of this device is less than you would expect at only 1.4 KG making it a very light option for taking on the go
– Battery life is excellent with up to 10 hours possible on a single charge
– Plenty of USB ports are available with 2 USB 3.0 ports along with 2 USB 2.0 ports meaning your well covered for all your external devices
– The full sized backlit keyboard is extremely comfortable to use and very convenient when working in poorly lit locations
– Performance is an area that Asus did not go all out on in this device as the Intel Core i3 along with only 4 GB of memory is not going to handle high workloads extremely well
– Storage will be a concern for some as well as the small 128 GB SSD drive can easily be filled up
The Asus ZenBook UX410UA-GV158T is an affordable option but lacks any serious performance due to the lower end processor and limited amount of memory. That being said it is still a very lightweight laptop with great battery life that is perfect for on the go use and will still be a great choice for average users that don’t require high end performance.