Usually when you put an Intel Core i7 into any laptop that price goes sky high but Asus has done a nice job with the X540UA-GQ170T of keeping the price affordable while still including this high end processor. Obviously processing power along isn’t enough reason to purchase a laptop so that is why we will be going through some of the benefits and downsides of this model below.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– The high end combination of an Intel Core i7 processor and 8 GB of memory really gives this laptop some decent performance. It can handle more than just your basic day to day activities and is great for those who need some added performance to power them through their daily tasks
– A large 1 TB SATA drive is included that will give you plenty of storage space for all your files
– It has a total weight of 2 KG which is decent for a full sized 15.6 inch model making it above average for taking on the go
– Up to 8 hours of battery life is possible on a single charge which will keep you going for a large chunk of the day before needing to find a power source
– 3 USB ports are available but unfortunately out of these 3 only one runs the newer and faster USB 3.0 technology
– While we do like the large and spacious SATA drive an SSD would have really gave this laptop a nice boost in performance due to its faster read and write times
– No optical drive is included which if you are a person who still uses physical media this will be a disappointment
The powerful Intel Core i7 processor is probably the biggest selling point on the Asus X540UA-GQ170T but overall it holds up quite well in other categories as well and should be highly considered for your next purchase.