The Asus X540UA-GQ165T provides a full sized laptop experience without a price tag that will hit you where it hurts. With some newer full sized models going for price tags that send most consumers running away scared this budget friendly option from Asus is a breathe of fresh air. It may not have the latest and greatest features but at first glance seems to be quite well rounded but we will determine if that is correct by going through some of the benefits and downsides below.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– Nothing is worse than owning a newer laptop and finding out that it isn’t able to keep up with your storage needs but luckily that isn’t an issue with this model as it comes with a huge 1 TB SATA drive which will cover the needs of even the most demanding of users
– Processing power is quite adequate for most consumers due to the Intel Core i5 processor which is not something you typically find in more budget friendly options
– 8 hours of battery life on a single charge isn’t great but good, especially when considering the price of this laptop
– Plenty of USB ports to choose from with 3 available but unfortunately only one of these runs on the newer and faster USB 3.0 technology
– They may have been able to sneak a powerful Intel Core i5 processor into this design which was great but to offset the added cost of this processor they have scaled back the memory to only 4 GB. 8 GB of memory seems to be the minimum for those who want to do anything other than the basics with their laptop so this might be a performance bottleneck for some
The full sized screen and powerful Intel Core i5 processor, especially at this price will be a great selling point for many but just make sure to consider the limited memory on this model first as it is something you may want to upgrade in the future to get the best performance.