The VivoBook E203 offers the effortless mobility due to compact and lightweight design. Weighing less than a kilogram, it’s thinner than most 11.6″ notebooks with thickness of 1.7cm.
The full-size ergonomic keyboard with 1.6mm travel ensures the ultimate typing comfort. The glassy back comes with texture feel. The viewing angles aren’t sharp, and the keyboard is bouncy without support at the center but includes a big and nice trackpad with spring supported buttons at its bottom. Despite using fancy terms to describe its display, it is not sharp enough and the viewing angles are not very good.
Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels
Available color: Star Grey, Petal Pink, and Perl White
Weight: 980 grams
Processor: Intel Celeron N3350
Memory: 2GB DDR3 RAM
USB ports: 1 x USB-C and 2 x standard USB-A 3.1
Storage: 32GB eMMC
MicroSD card reader: yes
HDMI port: yes
OS: Windows 10 Home
1. Size: it’s smaller than A4 sized paper.
2. Gorgeous finish
1. Good key travel length.
2. Big and nice trackpad.
3. 180° allows you to lay the VivoBook flat on the table
4. Great battery life, with included 38Wh battery
1. Display isn’t great. It looks quite washed out.
2. Bouncy keyboard without support at the center.
3. 2GB RAM is a bottleneck for the processor. It poses a problem with consistency of the machine.
If you are hesitant to get Chromebook, this VivoBook is a great alternative. Not only does it comes with Windows 10 but also Microsoft Office 365 pre-installed and 2 years of 500GB free web storage. It offers the latest USB 3.1 type-C capable of a transfer rate up to 1GB/s. You still have two standard USB-A ports so you can use old peripherals without any dongles or extra cables.