Finding a full sized laptop that is affordable while still having a decently high end processor can be difficult but the Asus VivoBook 15 X540UA-GQ024T aims to make it much easier by providing you with a recently released option. This laptop comes with the latest operating system from Windows and below we will review some of its benefits and downsides to see if it might be a valid option for your next purchase.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– The Intel Core i7 processor gets most of the attention but the i5 shouldn’t be ignored as it is a slightly more affordable option that still packs a punch and can easily power through most users demands
– With a large 1 TB SATA drive included finding enough space for all your files should be easy
– This model will give you up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge making it very convenient for on the go use
– It tips the scales at a full 2 KG but when compared to other full sized laptop options actually stacks up quite well
– Probably the biggest disappointment in this model is the slower SATA hard drive. While it does contain a ton of storage it only runs at 5400 rpm and will probably be the biggest potential bottleneck when it comes to speed on the device
– You won’t find some of the newer and exciting features like a convertible design on this model and USB 3.0 is lacking with only one of the ports supporting this newer technology
As long as having the latest and greatest features is not a high priority for you then the Asus VivoBook 15 X540UA-GQ024T is a great choice. It has above average performance for a laptop in this price range and being a VivoBook has a very solid design.