Asus has seen the need for a device that is both portable yet still powerful and has attempted to fill that need with the all new UX490UA-BE012T. This laptop features a 14 inch design which is just a step down from the standard 15.6 inch laptop but makes a huge difference in both the weight and compactness of the device. Below we are going to review this laptop a bit closer and see what some of the most important benefits and downsides are so you can make the choice if it is right for you.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB of RAM
Storage: 512 GB SSD
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– The combination of an Intel Core i7 processor and 16 GB of memory gives this laptop some real performance and makes it very capable of handling high demands with ease
– For years now an SSD drive has been a great way to get extra performance out of your device but has been held back due to its limited storage capacity but that isn’t the case with this device since it has the very large 512 GB SSD included
– At just 1.1 KG carrying around this laptop for extended periods of time while on the go is very easy
– Not only is it light to take around on the go but with up to 8 hours of battery life on a single charge you can also stay on the go longer without the worry of trying to find a power source
– The illuminated keyboard is a nice little extra touch
– For those that prefer a big screen the step down to a 14 inch display might be a problem
– The saying you get what you pay for seems to hold true here as well, The price tag is expensive and may not be affordable to all
– Also for a small percent of consumers the lack of an optical drive will be a downside
If portability and performance are two of your biggest concerns when shopping for a new laptop the Asus UX490UA-BE012T will easily cover those needs and make you a very happy laptop owner.