Smaller and more compact then your typical laptop the Asus TP401NA-BZ002T is designed to be a very mobile friendly option for those on the go. Unfortunately for this model mobility isn’t all you need to consider when deciding if a laptop is right for you so below we are going to review some of its benefits and downsides to get a true picture of what this laptop is all about.
Processor: Intel Pentium N4200
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 64 GB eMMC
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– To go along with the 14 inch display one of the other features it has which is good for on the go is a convertible design. This allows you to quickly switch from a standard laptop setup to another option that might be more convenient for what your currently doing like tablet, tent or stand
– Many of the other budget friendly options that go the route of including an eMMC drive make the mistake of going to small and really limiting the storage capacity. While the hard drive is still far from large the 64 GB of space will cover the immediate needs of most
– USB 3.0 was still left intact on this budget design so that you can take advantage of the very noticeable speeds improvements when using external devices
– We expected this laptop to be extremely light but at a full 2 KG in weight is very similar to what you would expect from a larger 15.6 inch model
– If you are planning on doing more then just the basics the lack of a powerful processor and limited system memory should be a concern. The Intel Pentium N4200 is quite low end and with most mid-range laptops having at least 8 GB of RAM the 4 that are available here is disappointing
The Asus TP401NA-BZ002T isn’t meant to be a powerful option for high end users but does make for a great choice for those looking for something mobile friendly and very easy on the wallet to use for basic day to day tasks.