Asus is at it again with their ROG Strix lineup of laptops and the latest one to become available is the Asus ROG Strix GL702VS-GC033T which has all the features you would expect from this line of laptop that gamers love. It starts with the large 17.3 inch display that gives you plenty of viewing area which is critical when gaming and finishes with performance that can handle the big demands of modern games. Below we will review some of the benefits and downsides to this laptop and see if it makes a good choice for your next gaming laptop.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– The large 17.3 inch full HD display is great for gaming, being productive or watching the latest video
– By packing in a powerful Intel Core i7 processor along with 16 GB of memory they have made sure that this laptop is capable of handling the demands of a hardcore gamer with ease
– SSD drives provide a great performance boost but usually lack a serious amount of space so Asus has put both in this model so you get performance and plenty of storage space
– The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 has 8 GB of dedicated memory which is more than your average laptop and makes it capable of handling the high graphic demands of newer games
– Once you start adding a large 17.3 inch display and multiple drives you end up with a big and bulky laptop and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 is no different. It weights a full 3 KG making it heavier than your typical laptop and less than ideal for on the go users
– The optical drive has been removed from this model which isn’t typical for a large gaming laptop so if physical media is still something you need on a regular basis this will be a concern.
Overall this is a great laptop for gamers that want nothing but the best. It is big and bulky but that is typical for laptops with this kind of viewing area and performance.