The Asus ROG Strix GL702VS-BA085T is loaded with specifications that is going to turn heads of gamers or even just demanding power users who need more than the average laptop is able to provide. Sure, it isn’t exactly an affordable option but most consumers who are looking for this type of technology know it doesn’t come cheap. Below we are going to investigate this new ROG laptop model a bit closer and see what some of the biggest benefits and downsides are so you can make an informed decision if it is right for you.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 24 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– We expect a high end graphics card in a laptop such as this but what we didn’t expect was a graphics card that has 8 GB of dedicated memory which is double what many of the others are providing
– Performance should be no issue with this ROG laptop due to the powerful Intel Core i7 processor along with plenty of memory at 24 GB
– 3 USB ports that all run on the newer and faster 3.0 technology will give you plenty of options for your external devices
– The hybrid hard drive setup is perfect with a fast 256 GB SSD plus a large 1 TB SATA so you get both performance and plenty of space for all your files
– Gamers will love the large 17.3 inch display
– The illuminated keyboard is a nice extra touch
– With all things considered, The high end hardware and large display, 2.9 Kg is not a bad weight for this device but it is still heavy compared to standard sized laptop models
– Staying on the go for extended periods of time will be difficult with the limited battery life of just up to 4 hours
– This laptop has a hefty price tag and for many will be too much money even if it does have some impressive features
For those that have the budget the Asus ROG Strix GL702VS-BA085T really does seem to offer good value due to the best of the best hardware that is included. If you consider yourself a serious gamer or just a high demanding user than this is an option you should really check out.