The ROG lineup of laptops like to claim that they produce the best gaming units on the market and they may have a point, they have produced some highly rated laptops over the last few years and they are at it again with the all new Asus ROG Strix GL702VM-GC143T. This is a 17.3 inch model that comes packed with some of the best gaming hardware you are going to find in a mobile device. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this new model and see if it is a good choice for those hardcore gamers out there.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– When gaming every inch of display is critical and the large 17.3 inch Full HD screen on this laptop is great for gaming or even just typical day to day tasks
– Virtual Reality is quickly become the next big thing for gaming and this laptop is VR Ready to take advantage of this new tech
– Modern games require big time resources and this laptop delivers with a powerful Intel Core i7 processor and 16 GB of RAM
– Just as important as a powerful processor and plenty of memory to a gamer is a powerful graphics card and the Nvidia GeForce GTX comes with 6 GB of dedicated memory to easily handle newer games and their high system requirements
– All these high end components take there toll on battery life so we were quite pleased to see that this battery can still give you up to 10 hours on a single charge
– Mobility was not a key part of the design for Asus on this model as it tips the scales at a very heavy 3 KG making it twice the weight as many mobile friendly laptops currently available
– Gamers are not going to get a deal on this model if they want all it has to offer, The price tag is quite high making it far from a budget friendly option
The downsides for the Asus ROG Strix GL702VM-GC143T are predictable, a big and bulky design along with a big price tag but for many gamers the many benefits it offers will be well worth both the price and the limited mobility.