Gamers are waiting for the next big release from the ROG Strix lineup of laptops which is the Asus ROG Strix GL702VM-GC137T. This is a large display 17.3 inch FHD model that will give gamers the big screen experience that they want. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this model and see just how well it stacks up to other gaming options so you can make the choice if it is right for you.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 128 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– As mentioned above this laptop comes with a large 17.3 inch screen that is Full HD giving you a picture unmatched by a standard laptop model
– Asus has made sure to include a high end graphics card that can easily handle the demands of modern games. The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 has 6 GB of dedicated memory which is more than many gaming options in this price range
– Virtual Reality is starting to make inroads into the gaming market and this laptop is prepared to handle this technology right out of the box
– Boot times are really quick due to the SSD drive that is included
– Battery life is surprisingly good for a gaming laptop with the potential of up to 10 hours on a single charge
– As expected with a laptop that features a large 17.3 inch screen it is not a light device. It weighs a full 3 KG and is quite thick making it a cumbersome device to carry for extended periods of time
– For a high end gaming PC we would have liked to see 16 GB of memory instead of just 8 GB that was included
The impressive 17.3 inch display and very powerful graphics card is going to make sure you have a great gaming experience. This laptop has some downfalls but for the most part is a very solid entry to the gaming laptop market.