One time not all that long ago if you wanted to do any amount of gaming a big expensive desktop PC was your only option but now with the large volume of gaming laptops hitting the market you are not chained to a desk to get your gaming experience. One of the leaders of these new gaming laptops has been ASUS with their ROG Strix lineup and today we are going to look at one of the latest editions which is the Asus ROG Strix GL553VE-DM292T. This model is considered a budget friendly option in the gaming category and below we will review some of its benefits and downsides.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA plus 128 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– For a gaming laptop to have any chance of handling the latest releases a powerful processor is a must and you will find the high end Intel Core i7 in this model
– The combination of both a SATA and SSD drive gives you the benefits of both high performance for you commonly accessed files as well as plenty of storage space
– The NVidia GTX 1050Ti is capable of handling most modern games with its 4 GB of dedicated memory
– With many newer laptops only including 1 or 2 USB 3.0 ports that fact this model has 3 of them is a great plus
– For a gaming laptop only including 8 GB of memory is a concern, This could be a performance bottleneck when playing some of the newer and more resource intensive titles available
– Even though it is lighter than some of the options available at 2.5 KG it is still heavy compared to typical 15.6 inch laptop models
– Gamers love their visuals so the fact it comes with a 15.6 inch display instead of 17 might be a big drawback for some
Compared to other gaming laptop choices the Asus ROG Strix GL553VE-DM292T is very attractively priced but that does come with some drawbacks like limited system memory. If you don’t consider yourself a hardcore gamer and want a laptop that is good for all around use but can also handle some gaming this seems like a great choice.