If you are in the market for a gaming laptop that is a little lighter on the wallet than most you may want to check out the all new Asus ROG Strix GL553VD-FY047T. This laptop comes packed with some of the essentials that you would expect from a gaming laptop but with some of the specifications scaled back so you end up with something affordable for the average buyer. With gaming laptops being released with sky high prices this is a nice alternative for many gaming enthusiasts. Below we will check out some of the benefits and downsides to this device and see if it might be the right option for you.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA plus 128 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– Like most ROG laptops this one includes GameFirst technology which actually prioritises the flow of game data across your network, making sure your critical gaming experience doesn’t get bogged down by other network traffic
– The NVIDIA GeForce 1050 graphics card delivers a great gaming experience with its 4 GB of dedicated memory
– The marked WASD key group and numeric pad is perfect for giving you excellent control of your gaming experience
– Above average speakers for a laptop device
– Gives you the ability to upgrade memory easily from the 8 GB provided all the way up to 32 GB
– As we mentioned above Asus had to cut some corners to make this device more affordable and the biggest casualty was the processor and memory combination. With just an Intel Core i5 and 8 GB of memory it lacks the same performance you will find in its more expensive gaming laptop competition
– At 2.5 Kg and just 6 hours of battery life it isn’t overly portable compared to other laptops on the market
The Asus ROG Strix GL553VD-FY047T may not pack the same punch that its more expensive gaming laptops offer but it still has plenty of the must have features gamers crave. If you are on a tighter budget but still wanting to have a great gaming experience this is an excellent choice.