The new wave of gaming laptops has been starting to hit store shelves over the last couple of months and for high end gamers they now have plenty of options to choose from and one of the newest is the Asus ROG Strix GL502VM-FY497T. This is a standard sized 15.6 inch model which gives users a bit more mobility than some of the big 17.3 inch models that are currently available. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this new release and see if it might be the right choice for you.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 128 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– Most gamers are well aware of the high graphic demands with any modern game and that having a powerful graphics card is essential. This model comes with the Nvidia GTX 1060 which features 6 GB of memory so it can easily handle new games
– The hybrid hard drive setup gives you both fast performance plus boot times due to the SSD as well as plenty of storage for your large files on the 1 TB SATA drive
– Gaming laptops usually always fall behind when it comes to battery life due to the power hungry components that are included but this laptop actually stacks up quite well by being able to last up to 10 hours on a single charge
– It includes not 2, not 3 but a full 4 USB ports that all run on the newer 3.0 technology
– Even though this model is slightly more mobile friendly than large gaming options it is still far from light with a total weight of 3 KG
– Performance is good but could be better than the Intel Core i5 and 8 GB of memory combination they have put into it
The Asus ROG Strix GL502VM-FY497T lacks some of the big time performance you will find on other gaming options but still delivers quite a punch for a price that isn’t to crazy.