Chromebook has been really dominating the low end budget laptop market with there very affordable devices but haven’t really pushed into the higher end market but that has changed with the all new Asus C302CA-GU011 which features Chrome OS. This model is priced much higher than what you would expect from a typical Chromebook but it also offers way more. Below we are going to take a close look at this device and see how it stacks up by going over some of its biggest benefits and downsides.
Processor: Intel Core m7-6Y75
Memory: 4 GB of RAM
Storage: 64 GB eMMC
Screen: 12.5 Inches
OS: Chrome OS
– It may not be an Intel i7 but the M7 processor offers a huge step up from a typical Chromebook and provides enough power to run just about everything you would want to with ease
– With 10 hours of battery, life on the road is a little easier with this device
– The 12.5 Inch display has allowed Asus to really cut down on the overall weight of the device as it tips the scales at just 1.2 Kg
– Comes with a backlit keyboard making it easy to use in dim lit places as well
– Not only light but slim as well at just 1.4 cm
– For some the fact it runs Chrome OS instead of Windows or Apple is going to be its biggest flaw, You may have must have applications that just don’t work with this software
– The storage capacity is double what many Chromebooks offer but it is still only 64 GB which is far from the space you find in many other non Chromebook devices
– If you are somebody who likes a large viewing area the 12.5 inch display might not be quite big enough for you
– No optical drive has been included which for some might be a concern even though this is becoming outdated technology
It is pretty obvious with the Asus C302CA-GU011 that Chromebooks are really stepping up there game and looking to cut into the higher end PC market that both Windows and Apple currently dominate. If you are looking for a great alternative to these devices we highly recommend checking out this new Chromebook from Asus.