For those that don’t cut any corners and having one of the top of the line gaming laptops around is high on their wishlist the all new Alienware XX1P5 is a model that should get some serious consideration. This laptop is packed with hardware that easily outclasses the “typical” laptop and is designed to give gamers some of the best experience they can get on a mobile device. Below we will review some of the benefits and downsides to this gaming notebook and see just how well it stacks up.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 32 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD plus 1 TB SATA
Screen: 17 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– It is hard to know where to start when listing the benefits of this laptop but the raw performance is as good as any. Due to the powerful Intel Core i7 processor and tons of memory at 32 GB this laptop can easily handle just about anything you want to throw at it.
– Gamers know there is more than just a powerful processor and plenty of memory that you need to consider and the next item would be a graphics card that can handle the high demands of some of the modern games on the market. It comes with a Nvidia GTX 1080 that has not just 4 but 8 GB of dedicated memory to easily handle the want new games need to run smoothly
– The hybrid hard drive setup of a 256 GB SSD and 1 TB SATA gives you both high end performance along with plenty of storage space
– If you are like many gamers and starting to explore the newest VR technology the fact it is VR ready will be a big bonus
– Once you start putting in a large 17 inch display and multiple hard drives you quickly start to add additional weight and this laptop is far from being a lightweight option. It tips the scales at 4.4 KG making it a bit awkward when used on the go
– The price is going to turn away all but the most dedicated of gamers but for those that want nothing but the best the price is going to be well worth it
Alienware has made a name for themselves in the gaming laptop market by producing some of the highest quality laptops available and the Alienware XX1P5 seems like it will continue that tradtion.