Acer offers a wide array of laptop models to suit just about any need and the Swift lineup of laptops is ideal for the consumer on the go that needs some light and mobile friendly. The Acer Swift 5 SF514-52T-59ZU has just been recently released and sets the bar when it comes to mobility with its ultra light design. Below we will review some of the benefits and downsides to this model and see just how well it stacks up.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Screen: 14 Inches
OS: Windows 10 Home
– Other laptops might call themselves lightweight but chances are they don’t compare to the Acer Swift 5 SF514-52T-59ZU. This laptop weighs less than 1 KG, 0.97 KG to be exact while still providing a good sized 14 inch display. With many full sized laptops weighing over 2 KG it is easy to see just how much of a difference maker this is for the user on the go
– Acer hasn’t just focused on mobility as it has made sure to put some decent performance into the setup as well. It comes with an Intel Core i5 processor and 8 GB of memory which should cover the needs of most users quite well
– The 14 inch display is touchscreen as well so you have the added advantage of multiple ways to interface with your device
– 2 USB 3.0 ports are available
– Battery life isn’t amazing but decent with up to 8 hours possible on a single charge
– Hardcore gaming won’t be a realistic option due to the low end graphics card that has been included. It will handle light gaming but with the heavy demands that many of the modern games come with it will be difficult to run
– The SSD drive might be fast but with only 256 GB of storage available may not be enough for those who save plenty of data. Alternatives like online storage or an external drive might need to be used
The lightweight design on the Acer Swift 5 SF514-52T-59ZU is very impressive and alone makes this laptop a must buy for consumers on the go. Add in the nice specifications and features and it just makes it that much better.