The gaming laptop market is exploding with more users wanting to game and do it on a more mobile friendly device like a laptop. Today we are going to be taking a look at the Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-51-787X which comes with a big display of 17.3 inches along with plenty of hardware and features that will attract modern gamers. Below we are going to review some of the benefits and downsides to this model and see if it might be the right gaming choice for you.
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB of RAM
Storage: 1 TB SATA plus 256 GB SSD
Screen: 17.3 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– Even though many users are looking for more mobile friendly gaming options having a big screen is important. That is why the large 17.3 inch FHD display is perfect for this model and a great way to experience the latest games
– Acer didn’t just pack a basic graphics card in this model but instead went with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 which has 6 GB of dedicated memory and can easily handle the demands of modern games
– The hybrid hard drive setup gives you both plenty of storage and fast performance
– With four USB ports available finding a spot for your external devices should be easy
– 7 hours of battery life may not seem impressive but for a large display gaming laptop it actually beats out much of the competition in this category
– With a total weight of 3 KG this is one heavy laptop and is to big and bulky to be considered for those who are on the go often
– While it does have four USB ports unfortunately only 2 of these run on the newer and faster 3.0 technology which is a surprise for a laptop in this price range
– Unlike many gaming laptops the optical drive has not been left intact and instead you will have to purchase an external drive if you plan on using physical media
The Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-51-787X delivers plenty of power to easily handle the latest games with its biggest downside being the bulkiness of the device but that is expected for a laptop with this much high end hardware and a large impressive 17.3 inch display.