This is by no means a top of the line gaming laptop but it will provide you with an affordable entry model entry into the gaming laptop market. It has very good graphics and more than adequate processing speed for what you will pay for it.
Acer has done what few other laptop companies who make gaming laptops have done. They said they would make an affordable gaming laptop that works well and then they delivered with the Acer Predator Helios 300.
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ
Memory: 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM
Storage: 2 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD
OS: Windows 10 Home
- This gaming machine from Acer has very decent response times. It features an Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ processor and a very generous 16 GB’s of DDR4 SDRAM.
- Graphics are outstanding on this gaming laptop for its price point. You will get a pleasant gaming experience when watching its display screen. It boasts an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti graphics card with 4 GB’s of Dedicated Memory. That graphics processor makes the objects come to life on its 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) display panel.
- Gaming laptops require a lot of storage space when saving games. The Acer Predator Helios has got you covered there. Its 2 TB HDD and 128 GB SSD hybrid storage will give you enough storage capacity to last you well into the future.
- This laptop has as an abundance of ports built into it too. Something that is essential on any gaming laptop. It even has a preferred USB-C type port.
- This is not what you would call a very portable laptop design. It has some weight to it and it’s a little thick and bulky also.
- The sound quality on this gaming laptop is good but not nearly as immersive as what you will find on higher priced gaming laptops.
- The display screen can be a little bit to the dim side when playing some PC games on it.
Think of this as a starter laptop to those that are just being introduced to PC gaming. The response time and graphics will not wow you but they will more than satisfy you when you are playing any PC game on this Acer machine.