Acer’s Chromebook 11 series is one of the most affordable netbook series around the market aimed for the ultra-low budget holders or the first time buyers. Equipping with only the most essentials, Acer Chromebook CB3-132-C911 (NX.G4XEK.001) seems potentially prosperous. Let’s check it out then.
- CPU – Intel Celeron N3060 Dual-Core, 1.6 GHz
- GPU – Intel HD Graphics 400
- Memory – 2 GB DDR3
- Screen – 11.6-inch HD IPS (1,366 x 768)
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC Flash
- OS – Google Chrome OS
- Performance – The hardware might feel a bit shallow at times due to the lack of power. It’s powered by an Intel Celeron processor which is quite common among the cheap netbooks. Other than that it features 2 gigs of RAM and 16 gigs of storage. Both of them are only enough for very light stuff like web surfing and movie watching as anything more strenuous like heavy multitasking can be a bit overkill for it.
- Battery – It has got a splendid battery backup. Thanks to the included 3-cell battery it was able to last even more than 9 hours under the standard workload. That would really come handy when you use it on the go.
- Price – Priced at £200 it’s one of the cheapest netbooks available in the market, although some of the other netbooks like Asus C201 comes at a lower price tag of £180.
- Build – The plastic built chassis feels pretty flimsy and hollow overall although it does give a solid feel. The looks is not half bad either with a complete white chassis.
- Storage – One of the biggest drawbacks of these ultraportable Chromebooks is that the storage usually is way too low even for everyday usage. It includes only 16 gigs of flash-based storage which would soon start to overflow. The good thing is that it lets you use an SD card.
- Display – It features an 11-inch HD panel. The display is merely average if you ask me. The biggest drawback I think is the low brightness though. At 210 nits it can hardly be used in the direct sunlight. The 1366×768 resolutioned display is only good for casual typing and web surfing jobs due to the dull colours, although I wouldn’t say that it’s the sheer worst.
It’s one of those netbooks that comes at a lower than the lowest price. You would find it super useful if you are going to use it for mere web surfing and word processing. One thing’s for sure, the price is one of the principal deciding factors for Acer Chromebook CB3-132-C911.