Here is a somewhat lower cost and portable notebook computer from Acer. It’s well equipped to handle such simple tasks as surfing the internet, checking email and browsing social media. That makes it a nice starter machine for students, a good home laptop and light tasking work computer.
This is a decent priced laptop that it seems Acer sought to balance out price and performance with. It has a 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron processor and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM that make it a nice notebook computer for doing basic internet tasks.
Perhaps its best and most surprising feature is its 64 GB eMMC SSD. Although this laptop lacks storage it makes up for it with this faster performing solid state drive.
Processor: Intel Celeron N3350
Memory: 4 GB of DDR3 RAM
Storage: 64 GB eMMC SSD
OS: Windows 10
- This computer has a basic CPU. Its Intel Celeron N3350 processor is more than adequate enough for doing such tasks as internet shopping, seeking out your favorite websites and interacting on social media.
- Needing to boost its performance a little Acer chose to use a 64 GB eMMC solid state drive (SSD).
- The Acer Aspire NX.GQ9EK.005 has decent display quality too. This is due to its popular Intel HD integrated graphics combined with its high definition 14” LCD TN display.
- At 1.8 cm (H) x 34.3 cm (L) x 24.5 cm (W) it’s fairly compact and portable. It’s 1.65 Kg weight is very reasonable too.
- Limited hard drive storage. Acer has chosen to use a 64 GB solid state drive (SSD) instead of a larger hard disk drive (HDD). You will probably need to purchase an external storage device if you like to save lots of photos or videos to view on your laptop.
- Battery life is just ‘OK’. It is estimated to last 3 – 4 hours before this laptop needs recharging.
- No backlit keyboard makes it harder to use on airplanes and in dimly lit places.
- Only a short 1-year warranty
This is a very basic laptop from Acer. It does have fair processing speed and better than average video. It’s used for doing schoolwork, surfing the net, streaming movies or doing work tasks that use internet based programs.