If you are looking for something that resembles a more “typical” laptop design then the 15.6 inch Acer Aspire 5 A515-51-572Q may be exactly what suits you. This laptop is priced nicely in the mid-range category and offers a nice balance of performance without going overboard and driving up the cost. Below we are going to review some of its benefits and downsides to see if it might be the right fit for you.
Processor: Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB of RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Screen: 15.6 Inches
OS: Windows 10
– The Intel Core i5 processor is one of the most well balanced processors currently available. It still offers some high end performance but at a far lower price than the Intel Core i7 giving consumers who are on a stricter budget but still wanting a good performing laptop a great option
– An SSD drive has some great advantages over a standard SATA since it lacks moving parts it can read and write much faster. This not only improves the overall performance of the laptop but will also give you noticeable quicker boot times
– Along with 2 available USB 2.0 ports you will also find a fast USB 3.0 port which is great for plugging in external devices that can benefit from the faster speeds like external storage
– Battery life is a bit disappointing in this model with just 7 hours available on a single charge making it nearly impossible to get a full day in without needing to find a power source
– At 2.2 KG it isn’t overly heavy but far from a super lightweight model as well
– For those that still use physical media like CD’s and DVD’s on a regular basis you will notice that the optical drive has not been included so an external that you will need to purchase separately is your only choice
The Acer Aspire 5 A515-51-572Q is your budget friendly model that still provides a full sized screen and above average performance which makes it a great choice for all types of everyday users.